Countdown to 2024 - An FDA Regulatory Update of the Mammography Quality Standards (MQSA)
Recorded On: 09/13/2023
Presented by Bonnie Rush, RT(R)(M)(QM)
President, Breast Imaging strategies
In 1992 the FDA was tasked with developing the MQSA and by 1994 mammography service providers had to
meet the most stringent quality assurance/control program for any imaging modality. In 2019 the FDA began to review/update the entire MQSA with the goal of continuing to identify areas of improvement to increase the viability of our early detection services. Their review included analysis and responses to input open to all interested persons with a final document published early 2023. These changes – some more impacting than others - will be covered in this one credit presentation by the author of the Mammography Quality Standards Act Made Easy. Given these changes involve important processes in the imaging chain this program will enable our department to meet the mandates by the FDA implementation date of September 2024.
• Acquire an understanding of the FDA updates
• Recognize their value to the MQSA quality assurance program
• Be able to implement the impacting density inform requirement
• Learn to educate personnel, referring physicians and patients on the density inform mandate
• Address assessment parameters for interpretive quality
• Understand how to enhance your early detection service
• Feel capable of meeting the requirements in a timely manner
AHRA Member: free to members
Click here to learn more about the benefits of AHRA Membership.